Thank you for visiting my website for the June 2018 Call for Submissions for A Carnival of Aces.
The Asexual Agenda defines A Carnival of Aces as:
…a monthly blogging carnival centered on asexual and the asexual spectrum (gray-As, demisexuals, etc.). Anyone can participate, but responses should deal with asexuality or the asexual spectrum, and they should relate to the month’s theme (which is announced each month by the host). Responses should postdate the call for submissions. Alternate forms of media besides blogs are also welcome as long as they deal with the prompt. If you’re not sure whether your piece is okay, submit it anyway and we’ll figure it out.
If you are interested in submitting a blog post (or another medium), please provide a link in the comments section below or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will draft a summary post with the links of the submission at the first week of July.
So onto this month’s topic:
One of the themes in my blog is my efforts to navigating the world as a demisexual/greyasexual person. I’m interested to know more about other demisexual or greyasexual people’s experiences. Some sub-topics to think about:
- Being a demisexual or greysexual person in the larger Asexual community
- Coming out as demisexual or greysexual
- Navigating others’ expectations that you are an allosexual at work or other public settings
- Dating and romantic relationships
- Having children
- Sensual vs. sexual attraction
- Your relationship with your family
- Your religious beliefs and your experience as a demisexual or greysexual person
- Your political beliefs and your experience as a demisexual or greysexual person.
- Experiences in healthcare settings
- Being a demisexual or greysexual and an ethnic/racial minority
- Being a demisexual or greysexual person with a disability (either mental or physical)
This is not an exhaustive list. If you want to write about something that relates to you being a demisexual or greysexual and it’s not listed here, please go ahead and post it here or email me.
I’m looking forward to reading all of your submissions. Thank you!